It is well established that Vitamin E, selenium and beta-carotene have massive benefits in the health and well-being of dairy cows.
Vitamin E is also known as Tocopherol, and in supplements we usually feed it as an acetate form. Udder-mate® however, contains a unique mix of acetate and phosphate forms of Vitamin E. Tocoperal phosphate is the natural form of Vitamin E, and is more bioavailable than the acetate form. The ratio of the acetate to phosphate mix in Udder-mate® is what promotes the more efficient uptake of Vitamin E, as well as the selenium and beta-carotene that it encaptures, across the gut wall.
Real farm data shows significant savings using Udder-mate®
• 30,000 drop in somatic cell count (BMCC) irrespective of starting value
• Reduction in the incidence of mastitis
• Reduction in the number of antibiotic treatments required
• Improvement in fertility with a higher number of cows to both first and second service
• Improvement in overall herd health
• Decrease in animal health expenditure
• Reduction in the number of cows culled due to mastitis or high BMCC.
You can purchase Uddermate® at all Vet practices and Rural Supplies Stores, including those listed below.
If they don’t have it on the shelf, ask them to contact us to get supplies in or you can contact us directly by emailing us , calling on 09 274 7676 or fax 09 620 8797